Dragonfly Monochrome


On  this card  I  tried  some  new  techniques  and  got out  my  mica  powders  which  I  rarely  use .

I  dry embossed  the  background  card  using  a freebie butterfly  embossing  folder  .I  did  the  same  with  the  white  card  and sprayed  both  with  CC  Spray  and  Sparkle  (irridescent )
I  wanted  a different  effect  for  the  top  black  card  and  decided  to use  a  cheap pen  type  spray  I had  bought  at  a  show  .At first  I  tried it out of  glossy  card  but  found  the  mica  would not  dry  at all ,I  retried it on dull  paper  and  this  gave  a  good  effect  and  I  added Jones  Tones  irridescent  glitter  .  I  fussy  cut  two  dragonflies  after  stamping  Sheena  Douglas  dragonfly and  using black  embossing  powder .  I used mica  paints  to  colour  them  (the  photo  doesnt  do  the  colour or irridescence  justice  .} When  dry  I  was  able  to  add  promarkers  .Unfortunately  I  discovered  it  wasn't  a good idea to use  Mica  in  the  spray  as  later when  I  tried  to use it  the  mica  had  blocked  the nozzle  and  tube  !!! A  lesson  learnt  .

I  would like  to  enter  this  card into  the  the  following  challenges  ______

http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fussy-and-fancy-challenge-156-monochrome.html

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, your card is fabulous. Gorgeously designed. I love all the different techniques you used to create the card. The different textures look terrific.
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! I love it ! :) The card is fantastic in black and the dragonfly is really great ! :)
    Congrats on being Top 5 at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete